What to expect this week:
- Three House panels will interview Fionna Hill behind closed doors. Hill served as Trump’s top Russia adviser before leaving her post in August. Now that she has left the (mis)administration, Hill can speak freely.
- Rudy Giuliani’s business associate, Semyon Kislin, received a letter from House Democrats asking him to appear for a deposition on October 14; no indication if he will appear.
- Pence is supposed to turn over all documents related to Ukraine.
- Both Defense Secretary Mark Esper and acting director of Office of Management and Budget Russ Vought must also submit documents.
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman will interview US State Department deputy assistant secretary George Kent.
- Let’s see how this works out: Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, associates of Giuliani face a subpoena deadline for documents. The documents are unrelated their indictment.
- According to his attorneys, US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland will testify about the text messages he had related to Trump’s call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky . “The Washington Post reportedSaturday that Sondland is expected to tell Congress that Trump relayed to him directly in a phone call the content of a text message that Sondland sent denying quid pro quo, citing a person familiar with his testimony.”
- US State Department counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl may testify but the EU guy bumped him out, maybe.
- DoE Secretary (Smart Glasses) Rick Perry faces a subpoena deadline on the (mis)administration’s dealings with Ukraine.
- White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney also faces a subpoena deadline on what he knew about the (mis)administration’s dealings with Ukraine.
The Democratic presidential candidates will hold their fourth debate on Tuesday, October 15, 2019. This will be the first debate since the House announced they started an impeachment inquiry into Trump.
The debate will be co-hosted by CNN and The New York Times and air live at 8PM ET/ 5PM PT from Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio.
News Views will host a Live Discussion and hope to see you hear!