Day 1017 of the #WorstPresidentEver; we can just hope that he and his Cult go away and go away quickly.
You guys are building an awesome community; we’re seeing some of our best days and more ahead because the circus (open to the public impeachment testimonies) is coming to town.
Again, thanks for your Community Submissions; sorry if we cannot get to them immediately; we try.
So, today in History: The first Tuesday in November is always election day. The following past presidents were elected to office on this day.
- 1852 Franklin Pierce elected as President of US
- 1880 James A. Garfield (R) elected 20th US President
- 1920 Warren G. Harding is elected President of the United States, defeating Democrat candidate James M. Cox
- 1948 US President Harry Truman is re-elected in an upset victory over Republican candidate Thomas E. Dewey
- 1976 Democrat candidate Jimmy Carter is elected President of the United States, defeating incumbent Republican President Gerald Ford
- 2004 George W. Bush is re-elected as President of the United States, defeating Democrat candidate John Kerry
Other Election Information:
- Nov 2 Popular presidential vote 1st recorded; Andrew Jackson beats John Quincy Adams
- 1993 Rudy Giuliani wins the New York mayoral election, becomes 1st Republican mayor since 1965
Event of Interest:
1978-The Police release their debut album: Outlandos d’Amour.
1984-Marvin Gay Sr., father of singer Marvin Gaye (who added the e when he joined Motown) is found guilty of manslaughter in the shooting death of his son, but courts rule the action was taken in self-defense, and the elder Gay is given five years’ probation.
Although Marvin Gaye’s What’ Going On was released in 1971, watch the the very powerful video posted above for 2019’s version of what’s still disgustingly going on. Some things never change. Pass the tissue, seriously.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend; they sure fly by.