On Friday, Billy Barr spoke to the hyper-conservative Federalist Society and delivered ‘his most vociferous defense ‘ of Trump.
In his hyper-partisan speech, Barr accused the Democratic Party or anyone who does not support Trump of:
- “Using every tool and maneuver to sabotage” Trump and his administration.
- “Immediately after President Trump won election, opponents inaugurated what they called the Resistance.”
- “They essentially see themselves as engaged in a war, to cripple by any means necessary, a duly elected government.”
- Barr slammed both the legislative and judicial branches of government.
- Said both branches have for years encroached on the Executive Branch’s powers.
- Blaming a “knee-jerk tendency [among Democrats and the media] to see the legislative and judicial branches as the good guys, protecting the people from a rapacious, would-be autocrat.”