Elise Stefanik made a name for herself in Wing Nut World by challenging Rep. Adam Schiff during the impeachment hearings. She whined about Schiff silencing her for intentionally breaking the rules; whined that the ‘big meanie’, Adam Schiff would not allow her to enter his tweets into record; then whined even louder about how Schiff would not let the poor, persecuted Republicans speak during the hearings.
“The chairman refused to allow us to put these into the record with unanimous consent,” Stefanik said. “As we know, it is important to protect whistleblowers from retaliation and firing…but in this case, the fact that we are getting criticized for statements he, himself, made earlier in the process shows the duplicity and abuse of power we see.”
During Schiff’s interruptions, Stefanik was backed by Republican Congressman Devin Nunes, who asked: “You’re gagging the young lady from New York?”
“Once again, Adam Schiff flat out REFUSES to let duly elected Members of Congress ask questions to the witness, simply because we are Republicans,” Stefanik tweeted later that day. “His behavior is unacceptable and he continues to abuse his Chairmanship.”NEWSWEEK:
Even Trump tweeted about Elise’s bigly performance on the world’s stage:
What we know about Ms. Stefanik:
- She graduated from Harvard then went to work in the White House under George Bush’s Domestic Policy Council Staff until 2009.
- Her biography stated she worked in the Chief of Staff office “where she assisted in overseeing the policy development process on all economic and domestic policy issues.”
- She represents New York state’s 21st District. Before elected to Congress, Elise worked in family’s plywood business, which she claimed helped her appreciate “the values of hard work, perseverance, challenges, and risk that go along with building, operating and growing small businesses that provide jobs in today’s Upstate economy.”
- Before AOC came along, Elise was the youngest woman elected to Congress.
- Tedra Cobb will challenge Elise for her seat in 2020. Cobb fundraised a ton off of Stefanik’s wing nut stunts. Even George Conway gave the maximum allowed to Cobb’s campaign ($2,500) and called Stefanik, trash, in the process.
I’m sure we’ll hear more from and about Ms. Stefanik since several impeachment hearings will happen this week.