The Center for Security Policy, a far-right, Islamophobic organization that believes Islamists have infiltrated the US Government and has spread lies that former president Barack Obama is a Muslim will hold its annual Freedom Flame Award Dinner Saturday night at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club.
The Islamophobes have previously held events in Washington D.C. and New York City. An official for the center wrote to the town of Palm Beach in an email obtained through a public-records request, ““This is our first-ever event in Palm Beach.”
- Mar-a-Lago once “was a major player in the Palm Beach social season — renting out its ballrooms for large and lucrative charity galas.”
- When Trump took office, and especially after his “there are very fine people on both sides” comments, many of his best customers quit.
- Now Trumpstains aligned with his White Nationalist agenda hold their events there.
- The Center for Security appears to want to influence Trump’s public policy by holding their event at his resort.
- Other groups who wish to enrich Trump’s bottom line will also rent out the place to hold their bigly events.
- The permit for the event states the Center for Security Policy will spend $53,000.
The Southern Poverty Law Center’s finding on the Center for Security Policy:
- Founded in 1988 by former Reagan administration official Frank Gaffney, Jr.
- Claims The Muslim Brotherhood has somehow infiltrated the US Government.
- Warns of “creeping Sharia Law.”
- “Gaffney has called for Congressional hearings along the lines of the notorious Cold War-era House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) to expose Muslim conspiracies. “
- CPAC has even banned the group of Islamophobes form their annual conference.
Neither the Trump administration or Organization have responded to The Washington Post’s request for comments.