- Police claim at least four incidents of possible hate-based attacks against Jews in New York City during Hanukkah.
- Woman and her four year old son attacked after leaving a donut shop.
- A woman verbally abused a Jewish woman with anti-Semitic slurs then hit over the head with a bag.
- A witness to the attack, Sean Lennon, followed the the attacker with a friend until cops arrived and arrested the woman.
- The NYPD are looking into at least three other incidents during Hanukkah.
“It seems like it’s open season on Jews in New York City.”-Councilman Chaim Deutsch
- In another incident, a man claimed a large group yelled, “Fuck you, Jew” at him and then threw a Slurpee at him.
- Roughly 15 hours later, six people approached a Jewish man and punched him in the back of the head. The group ran off.
- The first incident occurred Dec. 23 when a “65-year-old man was hit in the face with a closed fist after the suspect made an anti-Semitic remark, then was kicked while on the ground. The victim suffered cuts to his face and hand.”
“This horrific and cowardly act of antisemitism is repugnant to our values, and it’s even more despicable that it occurred over the holidays. “-Gov. Andrew Cuomo