Trump delivered his third, and hopefully last, State of the Union address. Below are claims, facts, and links to what he stated.
- Claim: “Thanks to our bold regulatory reduction campaign, the United States has become the No. 1 producer of oil and natural gas in the world, by far.”
- Fact: Misleading. He doesn’t get credit for this. Since 2011 and 2014, respectively, UNDER OBAMA, the U.S. has been the largest natural gas and oil producer.
- Claim: “Since my election we have created 7 million new jobs, 5 million more than government experts projected during the previous administration.”
- Fact: Sure, Jan. Job creation and expansion began UNDER OBAMA. “Since Trump took office, the country has added 6.7 million job in 36 months. He also suggests that this is unprecedented success no one could have predicted, but
- It’s not: In the 36 months before Trump took office, Obama created 8.2 million jobs.“
- Claim: “Unemployment rate for African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans has reached the lowest levels in history.”
- Fact: Again, drops in the unemployment rate began UNDER OBAMA. The rates are down but have now ticked back up.
- Claim: “We are restoring our nation’s manufacturing might, even though predictions were that this could never be done. After losing 60,000 factories under the previous two administrations, America has Facts: Not quite accurate. Manufacturing has slumped in the past year and Trump’s tariffs have contributed GREATLY to this.
- Claim: “We will always protect patients with preexisting conditions.”
- Fact: Trump and his administration have worked diligently to destroy the ACA, which protects pre-existing conditions.
More Fact Checking here: