As of Sunday evening, confirmed cases of the Coronavirus reached 539 cases across 34 states. It is real and people need to prepare themselves.
- The State Department has advised that people stay off of cruise ships.
- A cruise ship hit by the coronavirus remained 10-12 miles offshore near the port of Oakland. It will dock on Monday and passengers will get transported to various military bases for quarantine.
- The number of cases worldwide topped 100,000.
- China has 80,000 confirmed cases in the mainland.
- Italy has over 7,000 and pretty much most of Northern Italy is pretty much shut down.
- California has 85 confirmed cases; Washington state
The numbers are close to what we have posted but they change as we speak:
The U.S. Army suspended travel to and from Italy and South Korea, now the world’s third largest hot spot, until May 6, an order that affects 4,500 soldiers and family members.
On Sunday, the leading U.S. expert on infectious diseases, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, said that it was possible that regional lockdowns could become necessary and recommended that those at greatest risk — the elderly and those with underlying health conditions — abstain from travel.
Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the Trump administration was prepared to “take whatever action is appropriate” to contain the outbreak, including travel restrictions in areas with a high number of cases.
Watch the video and stay informed:
UPDATE: The Orange Ass tweets out: