Kansas man drank cleaner after Trump’s dangerous disinfectant remedy

After President Donald Trump floated ingesting highly toxic disinfectant as a treatment for the coronavirus, Kansas health authorities say a man drank cleaning product over the weekend.

Lee Norman, the state health officer, said the head of the Kansas Poison Control Center reported a more than 40 percent increase in cleaning chemical cases.

“Including a fellow over the weekend who drank a product because of the advice he’d received,” Norman said during a news conference Monday.

Source:

Experts say that ingesting disinfectants could be dangerous and even deadly. Norman says that they’re working in Kansas to get the word out.

“We’re doing what we can to counter-message against that kind of remedy,” he said.

Trump walked back his comments recently, saying that he meant them sarcastically as a way to test reporters. When he was later asked if he felt any responsibility for the increase in disinfectant cases after his comments, he said that he didn’t.

“No, I don’t. No, I can’t imagine. I can’t imagine that.”

-DJT
About Ms. G 2826 Articles
Welcome back, America!