DATELINE: WARREN TWP. Ohio – Trumbull County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a Leavittsburg man after he was spotted naked in the middle of the road, claiming to be Jesus, according to a Sheriff’s report.
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of the 40-year-old Leavittsburg man, according to court records. He faces charges of resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public indecency.
The charges stem from an incident on April 29 in which officers were called to the area of Eagle Creek and Templeton roads in Warren Township.
The man was naked in the middle of the road sweating like a sinner in church.
The man would not identify himself and referred to himself as Jesus Christ.
• While in custody “Jesus” lunged at the cops and hit one of them.
• “Jesus” was evaluated and taken to a hospital.
• “Jesus” missed a court appearance, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
• Warren is about 13 miles northwest of Youngstown.
• Warren may be best known for passing, for good reasons, the first bestiality law in Ohio history.