Not to be undone by Day Two in the lies’ department, Day Three was filled to the brim with ‘both egregious dishonesty and careless inaccuracy.’
Where to begin? Ok, let’s start with Pastor Pence, since he told some major whoppers. It’s not very “Christian” like to lie your ass off every time you speak.
- Claim: “Four years ago we inherited … an economy struggling to break out of the slowest recovery since the Great Depression. … In our first three years we built the greatest economy in the world.”
- Fact: Although the recovery was slow, Obama started the longest expansion in U.S. history. Growth under the two presidents have been pretty much the same: 2.3% in the final four years of Obama compared with 2.5% in the first three years of Trump. Trump inherited low unemployment rates but pissed that all away with his mishandling of the Trumvirus.
- Claim: Pence said that the US has recovered 9.3 million jobs through July. While this is true, the US lost more than 22 million jobs between February and April. We have only recovered only 40 percent of the totlal jobs lost because of the Trumpvirus. NO NEW JOBS HAVE BEEN CREATED; we LOST jobs and have recovered some of them.
- Claim: “When asked whether he’d support cutting funding to law enforcement, Joe Biden replied, ‘Yes, absolutely.’ Under President Trump, we will always stand with those who stand on the thin blue line, and we’re not going to defund the police.”
- Fact: So misleading. Biden has repeatedly denied interest in defunding the police, a position supported by the Black Lives Matter movement, and has instead proposed a $300 million cash infusion to support community policing and employing more social workers alongside police officers.
- Pence’s reference to Biden saying “yes, absolutely” came from a question about whether the former vice president agreed that some police funding could be redirected as part of police reform.
- Claim: “Joe Biden is for open borders.”
- Fact: No matter how many times this lie is repeated, it still won’t make it true. Biden has proposed a less restrictive immigration policy but he is “not proposing completely unfettered migration.”
- Claim: “Veterans Choice is now available to every veteran.”
- Fact: Another lie that gets repeated but still has not become the truth. President Obama signed into law the Veterans Choice Act in 2014.
^^^That’s just Pastor Pence’s nonsense/BS/lies and not even half of it. Besides the embedded links within the text, more fact checking found here:
- Claim: Dan Crenshaw says ISIS is defeated.
- Fact: The military says otherwise.
No, James Madison did not sign the Declaration of Independence:
ONE more night of this horror show. I hope you will join us.