Brain-eating amoeba found in Lake Jackson water supply
A ‘Do-Not-Use’ water advisory sent to thousands of customers late Friday night has been narrowed to the city of Lake Jackson over concerns about the presence of a brain-eating amoeba in the water supply.
The amoeba, known as naegleria fowleri, prompted the advisory Friday, which initially impacted customers of the Brazosport Water Authority. TCEQ later said that Brazosport’s water was safe.
The advisory continued for Lake Jackson residents and means they should not use water for anything but flushing toilets, including drinking, bathing or cooking.
Lake Jackson Six Year Old Dies of Brain Eating Amoeba in Early September
Article submitted by, shelotmlee.