Here we go….again. Just days out from the election, the Feds decide to launch an investigation into “whether alleged Hunter Biden emails are linked to a foreign intel operation.” Where have we heard that one before?
A bit of background:
Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani has provided a copy of a hard drive containing photos and e-mails of the democratic presidential candidate’s son.
According to the New York Post, a laptop with a “Beau Biden Foundation” sticker was dropped off to a repair shop in Delaware in April of 2019. The shop owner, an anonymous source, says the owner never came back to retrieve it.
The source says he recovered the data from it and found e-mails and photos related to Hunter Biden. He told the government, they seized the laptop in December 2019, but before they took it, he made a copy of the data and provided it to Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello.
Now, “federal investigators are examining whether the emails allegedly describing activities by Joe Biden and his son Hunter and found on a laptop at a Delaware repair shop are linked to a foreign intelligence operation, two people familiar with the matter told NBC News.
The FBI seized the laptop and a hard drive through a grand jury subpoena. The subpoena was later published by the New York Post. The bureau has declined to comment.”
According to The Washington Post, there so many questions with this issue beginning with if the email is authentic. At this point, that remains unknown. What is known is:
- The email shows only a photo made the day before the story was posted, according to Thomas Rid, the author of “Active Measures,” a book on disinformation.
- There is no header information, no metadata.
- The information comes from 🙄 Rudy Giuliani,🙄 Trump’s personal attorney
- No indication exists that Hunter Biden replied to the email.
- The email contradicts that Hunter could have influence his dad.
George Mesires, attorney for Hunter Biden, said in a statement, “We have no idea where this came from, and certainly cannot credit anything that Rudy Giuliani provided to the New York Post, but what I do know for certain is that this purported meeting never happened.”
Wing Nut World’s hair is on fire:
- Twitter has locked both Trump’s campaign and McNinny’s accounts for “promoting an unsubstantiated New York Post article about former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son Hunter.”
- In an interview with Fox Business, Trump said, “It’s going to all end up in a big lawsuit.”
And on another note, Rudy Giuliani’s daughter, Caroline Rose Giuliani, has endorsed Joe Biden as our next president.