With so many crazy things happening, sometimes the minor stories fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that may be worth discussing.
- So, GM has dumped Trump and will now “side with California in a fierce battle over climate change, tailpipe emissions and fuel economy.” The will no longer be part of litigation between California and the Trump administration over rules governing greenhouse gas emissions from cars.
- On a positive note, CA Senator DiFi will step down from her leadership role on “the Senate Judiciary Committee after groups on the left such as NARAL Pro-Choice America criticized her handling of Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court confirmation hearing this fall.” DiFi said she wanted to focus on CA’s wildfires and drought. Too bad she didn’t just resign.
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court on Monday dealt Trump’s campaign yet another legal loss, ruling that mail-in ballots cast in the state’s presidential election can be counted even if a voter failed to completely fill out the envelope.
- Biden’s announcement of former secretary of state John F. Kerry as a presidential envoy on climate signals his commitment to elevate the issue of climate change under his administration.
- Kerry “will fight climate change full-time as Special Presidential Envoy for Climate,” according to a statement by Biden’s transition team, and will hold a seat on the White House National Security Council.
***This isn’t an open thread; it’s a thread to comment on the compilation of headlines or whatever we post in the Live Blog.
Another passing you may have missed last month
You lost. Get over it, Tucker Carlson
Trump will NEVER concede!
Elon Musk now the 2nd richest jerk in the world; surpasses Bill Gates