With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that may be worth discussing.
- The Justice Department is investigating a potential crime related to funneling money to the White House or related political committee in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to court records unsealed Tuesday in federal court.
- The DOJ investigation involves two people, whose names are redacted, who were improperly acting as lobbyists to secure the pardon for a person whose name is also redacted. The plot involved the person offering “a substantial political contribution in exchange for a presidential pardon or reprieve of sentence.”
- Talk of self-pardon for Trump heats up: Sean Hannity suggests Trump pardon his entire family.
- “The president out the door needs to pardon his whole family and himself because they want this witch-hunt to go on in perpetuity, they’re so full of rage and insanity against the president,”
- The first doses of a coronavirus vaccine should be given to an estimated 21 million health-care workers and three million residents and staff of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, a federal advisory panel recommended Tuesday afternoon.
- Fewer Americans shopped during Black Friday weekend sales and Cyber Monday sales were down as well showing further signs the Trump Economy has spiraled even further down the drain.
- A bipartisan group of senators rolled out a compromise version of an economic rescue package on Tuesday. Coming in at just over $900 billion, it moved substantially away from what Democrats want (around $2 trillion) and a whole lot closer to what Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has pushed for (around $500 billion). However, Moscow Mitch announced the compromise was a non-starter.
Please, no–NO MORE YEARS!
“It’s been an amazing four years. We are trying to do another four years. Otherwise, I’ll see you in four years,” Trump said to cheers from supporters at the indoor event.
CDC will decrease coronavirus quarantine time from 14 to 7-10 days
The Director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Robert Redfield, informed Vice President Mike Pence and White House Coronavirus Task Force members on Tuesday that the CDC will soon issue new guidelines reducing the number of days close contacts should quarantine following exposure to a Covid-19 positive individual, two senior administration officials told CNN.
Punchable face Ted Cruz urges Supreme Court to take up Pennsylvania election challenge
Cruz is the first senator to publicly voice support for the appeal, which came after the Pennsylvania Supreme Court shot down a lawsuit protesting the system as a way of overturning the Keystone State’s election results, which showed President-elect Joe Biden defeating President Trump.
“This appeal raises serious legal issues, and I believe the Court should hear the case on an expedited basis,” Cruz said in a statement.
Pardons for the demon spawn plus Jared