With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that may find interesting and worth discussing.
***Today, I’ll make sure everything works right. It didn’t yesterday and you guys, including the awesome News Views staff, didn’t say anything. You guys are falling down on the job at pointing out my one finger, right hand typos and stuff that’s broken or not working properly. 😇
- New Jersey governor Phil Murphy called Florida Man Matt Gaetz a “fool” and a “putz” for taking part in a gathering of the New York Young Republicans Club in Jersey City where there appeared to be little mask-wearing or social distancing.
- “It is beyond the pale that anyone would willingly endanger people in another state,” Murphy tweeted. “Jersey City law enforcement is investigating this matter.”
- Smellyanne Conway appears to recognize that Joe Biden will become the 46th US president. “If you look at the vote totals in the Electoral College tally, it looks like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will prevail.”
- Dr. Fauci has accepted Joe Biden’s offer to become offer to serve as his chief medical adviser. Absolutely, I said yes right on the spot,” Fauci told NBC’s “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie.
- President-elect Joe Biden’s margin over Trump in the nationwide popular vote is now more than 7 million votes and may continue to grow as several states continue counting votes.
- The Supreme Court agreed Friday to review whether the Trump administration can allow states to impose work requirements in their Medicaid programs.
- The CDC on Friday issued its strongest mask guidance yet during the COVID-19 pandemic, calling for “universal mask wearing” in all activity outside of one’s home.
- Trump’s not on the ballot, morons:
- The idiot won’t shut up:
It needs repeating
And that’s all she wrote!
California certified its presidential election Friday and appointed 55 electors pledged to vote for Democrat Joe Biden, officially handing him the Electoral College majority needed to win the White House.
Secretary of State Alex Padilla’s formal approval of Biden’s win in the state brought his tally of pledged electors so far to 279, according to a tally by The Associated Press. That’s just over the 270 threshold for victory.
Another legal blow to the Racist in Chief and his racist administration
The Trump administration must accept new applications for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that protects some young immigrants from deportation, a federal judge ruled Friday, in vacating a memo from the acting Homeland Security secretary that had suspended it.
U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis said the government had to post a public notice within three days that new DACA applications were being accepted.
Another Trump Nominee for the Pentagon has a Record of Radicalism
Scorched Earth: Trump Hastily Installs Loyalists on Pentagon Defense Business Board