It’s Sunday and the weekend has come to an end. Below are a few articles and events we might have missed but are worthy of discussion. And in case you missed the Sunday shows, we got you covered. Please feel free to add your own headlines we might have missed.
- So Trump held a Super Spreader Rally in Georgia last night allegedly to campaign for Perdue and Loeffler but made the event all about him, as usual:
- Melanie was by his side telling The Cult about her husband’s bigly accomplishments:
- Keith Olbermann offers his opinion on Trump’s Georgia nonsense:
Some headlines to discuss:
- An openly gay Texas teenager called out his high school after he was given in-school suspension for wearing nail polish.
- Trump’s Hollywood star is now surrounded by a steel barricade. It’s also covered by a wood plank.
- Only twenty five Congressional Republicans acknowledged Biden’s victory. Trump wants their names and probably their heads on a platter:
The Sunday Shows recap:
- Scarf Lady appears to be trying to redeem herself after months of enabling Trump to allow this deadly virus to spin out of control. Too bad she didn’t call out her boss for his myths.
- You lost, Senator Braun. Get over it.
And a bit of laughter to help get us all through this:
Trump only wishes he could have the approval ratings as Biden
Poll of the week: A new Gallup poll finds that President-elect Joe Biden has a 55% favorable rating and a 41% unfavorable rating.The same poll gives President Donald Trump a 42% favorable rating and a 57% unfavorable rating.CNN:
Michigan Judge Orders Forensic Audit of 22 Dominion Machines
The three-ring circus that is Trump’s team of lawyers is celebrating an opportunity to investigate 22 Dominion voting machines in a northern Michigan county. The county failed to properly install a software update and the early results of their mistake gave the county to Biden, before a recount switched the presidential race back to Trump by about 5,000 votes. Officials said about 8 hours worth of work on Sunday would include capturing images of the tabulators and other materials. Jenna Ellis says they should have results in about 48 hours.
It is unclear “what the court has in mind with this order,” said Jake Rollow, a spokesman for Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson.
Interesting though that the judge was not mentioning the presidential race but instead a local marijuana proposal where a 262-262 tie was overturned by one vote and passed after a recount.
Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis says a forensic audit of 22 Dominion machines in Anterim County, Michigan. The judge’s order is related to a marijuana proposal, but they are hoping for some finding in the next 48 hours that impacts the presidential election pic.twitter.com/qchdzwAO87
— Daniel Chaitin (@danielchaitin7) December 6, 2020
China Peddles Falsehoods to Obscure Origin of Covid Pandemic
China’s leader, Xi Jinping, has led a vigorous effort this year to play down China’s early failures in the crisis, arguing that their success in containing the virus shows the superiority of its authoritarian system. Facing global anger over their initial mishandling of the outbreak, the Chinese are trying to state the virus originated outside China.
…Alexander Kekulé, the director of the Institute for Biosecurity Research in Halle, Germany, has been all over the state-run media in China…. appearing to suggest that Italy, not China, is where coronavirus began. Photos of him have appeared on Chinese news sites under headlines reading, “China is innocent! Dr. Kekulé believes the virus first emerged in China and said, “This is pure propaganda” More in the New York Times
Lara Trump wants some quid pro quo
Ohio racists heads will explode on this one