The first week of December in review:
- Covid cases over the weekend 384,894
- New Covid cases 7 day average 200,012/day
- Covid deaths over the weekend 3,332
- Covid deaths 7 day average 2,258/day
At the current pace, we would gain over 6 million cases and suffer around 70,000 deaths in the month of December. Of course the pace is expected to GET WORSE, so we will see much worse numbers than that.
JOHNS HOPKINS stats:
America’s 7 day average positive test rate is 10.4%. 5 states plus DC have a positive rate of 5% or less, while 31 states have a 10% or greater rate. 29 states have a new case confirmation rate greater than 50 per 1k citizens, including large blue states California and Illinois, and New York is at 49.87. “Safe” areas are becoming quite rare.
COVID TRACKING PROJECT stats:
- Hospitalizations: 101,487 (new record)
- In ICU Ward: 20,145 (new record)
- On Ventilator: 7,094 (new record)
Data compiled by, snake.