It’s Sunday and the weekend has come to an end. Below are a few articles and events we might have missed but are worthy of discussion. And in case you missed the Sunday shows, we got you covered. Please feel free to add your own headlines we might have missed.
- Hackers believed to be working for Russia have been monitoring internal email traffic at the U.S. Treasury Department and an agency that decides internet and telecommunications policy, according to people familiar with the matter.
- A light at the end of the tunnel:
- Community leaders in Santa Clara county (CA) started knocking on doors Thursday, offering free tests that people can choose to self-administer with nose swabs. Results are delivered in 24 to 48 hours.
- A small group of his most loyal backers in Congress is plotting a final-stage challenge on the floor of the House of Representatives in early January to try to reverse Mr. Biden’s victory.
- Constitutional scholars and even members of the president’s own party say the effort is all but certain to fail. But the looming battle on Jan. 6 is likely to culminate in a messy and deeply divisive spectacle that could thrust Vice President Mike Pence into the excruciating position of having to declare once and for all that Mr. Trump has indeed lost the election.
- Trump’s first in face interview, maskless of course, since losing the election:
- Jake Tapper wants to thank Trump. Hear his message:
- A man who opened fire on police Sunday was fatally shot outside Manhattan’s famed Cathedral of St. John the Divine during a Christmas carol performance, officials said.
Laughter is always the best medicine:
Electoral College votes on Monday; spoiler alert: Trump lost