In an audacious pre-Christmas round of pardons, President Trump granted clemency on Tuesday to two people convicted in the special counsel’s Russia inquiry, four Blackwater guards convicted in connection with the killing of Iraqi civilians and three corrupt former Republican members of Congress.
Trump’s early Christmas gifts went to the following DEPLORABLES:
- George, Coffee Boy, Papadopoulos who pleaded guilty in 2017 to making false statements to federal officials as part of the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III.
- Alex van der Zwaan, a lawyer who pleaded guilty to the same charge in 2018.
- Nicholas Slatten a contractor for the controversial company Blackwater received a life sentence for his role in the killing of 17 Iraqi civilians in Nisour Square in Baghdad.
- Congress Crooks: Duncan Hunter of California, Chris Collins of New York and Steve Stockman of Texas.
- Two former Border Patrol agents whose sentences for their roles in the shooting of an alleged drug trafficker had previously been commuted by President George W. Bush.