With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- First off, 🎄🎅🏽 Happy Holidays! 🎄🎅🏽
- Great article from Propublica: Staunch Catholic Billy Barr and Trump love executing people. They even hired out private contractors to do the executions and paid them in cash! It’s truly a must read but not shocking since this administration truly has been the most corrupt, vile, and incompetent in modern times.
- Michael Jackson’s
pedo ranchNeverland Ranch sold for $22 million
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that House Democrats would vote Monday on a standalone bill that would provide direct payments to Americans of $2,000 a person.
- When the first coronavirus vaccines were administered last week, many front-line health-care workers across the U.S. posted celebratory photos on social media. In what was meant to be a triumphant moment, some found themselves the targets of skeptical or even scornful comments from people opposed to vaccines.
- Happy Birthday, Dr. Fauci.
- Christmas BeBest style:
- Hours before President Donald Trump retweeted a message for his vice president to “act” in stopping the ratification of the Electoral College, he met for more than an hour in the Oval Office with Mike Pence, whom he has complained recently isn’t doing enough to support his bid to overturn the election.
- A Fulton County (GA) judge dismissed a Republican Party lawsuit Thursday that tried to close absentee ballot drop boxes after normal business hours.
- A total GFY moment:
You own this 🤬 Trump!🤬
Judge Tosses Out Rep. Nunes’ Lawsuit Against Washington Post
UK’s New Strain of COVID has Resulted in Border Crisis
Lufthansa has begun airlifting fresh groceries to the U.K. for some of the nation’s largest grocers, as trucking chaos at the border continues following the opening of the border with France on Wednesday morning. Thousands of trucks and drivers bound for France are still stuck around the port of Dover, after France lifted its 48-hour blockade of the U.K. over concerns of a new, more contagious strain of coronavirus originating in the country
Thousands of trucks were still waiting to cross the Channel between Britain and France amid border crisis pic.twitter.com/V6oUqpoCYt
— Reuters (@Reuters) December 25, 2020
‘Unhinged, lame-duck president wants to start a war’: Warnings as Trump blames Iran for rocket attack
F:rom Raw Story:
Anti-war campaigners are warning that U.S. President Donald Trump is on the verge of launching a full-blown military conflict with Iran after the lame-duck incumbent on Wednesday blamed the Middle East nation for a rocket attack on the American Embassy in Baghdad over the weekend, an accusation Tehran rejected as “fabricated.”
“Our embassy in Baghdad got hit Sunday by several rockets. Three rockets failed to launch,” Trump tweeted late Wednesday afternoon, attaching a photo purporting to show the three rockets. “Guess where they were from: IRAN. Now we hear chatter of additional attacks against Americans in Iraq.”
“Some friendly health advice to Iran: If one American is killed, I will hold Iran responsible,” the outgoing U.S. president added. “Think it over.”
Where is Trump? Tweeting from Florida, maybe. . . .