With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- So, we have an election today that will determine which party controls the Senate. News Views will have a Live Discussion posted shortly.
- Cleta Mitchell, an attorney on Trump’s controversial phone call with Georgia’s secretary of state over the weekend, has resigned from her position at law firm Foley & Lardner.
- Arizona, California and Rhode Island are among the hardest-hit places in the world at this stage of the pandemic, with the highest rates of Covid-19 infections per capita, according to a data analysis by NBC News.
- Some very sad news: The risk of getting coronavirus in Los Angeles County has never been greater.
- About one in every five people getting tested for the coronavirus are positive — a quintupling since Nov. 1.
“Everyone should keep in mind that community transmission rates are so high that you run the risk of an exposure whenever you leave your home,” Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said. “Assume that this deadly invisible virus is everywhere, looking for a willing host.”
- No, douchebags, COVID-19 is NOT the flu. STAY HOME AND QUIT SPREADING YOUR COOTIES! Morons.
- And there are these COVIDIOTS who have arrived in OUR nation’s capital to protest tomorrow’s certification of the Electoral College vote.
- A California woman pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for threatening to bomb a Catholic high school in Washington, D.C., the Department of Justice announced Monday.
- Sonia Tabizada, 36, pleaded guilty to obstructing religious exercise by threat of force by making threats in May 2019 to Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School, the oldest Catholic girls school in the country, after it announced it would begin publishing same-sex wedding announcements in its alumni magazine, according to court documents.
- Yes, Russia, Russia, Russia: In a rare joint statement Tuesday, top national security agencies confirmed that Russia was likely responsible for a massive hack of U.S. government departments and corporations, rejecting President Trump’s claim that China might be to blame.
Georgia gets the new ‘rona
Georgia is the fifth state to report a case of a new variant of the coronavirus, which scientists believe is more contagious and has already been found in dozens of countries.
Looks like Pence is going to follow Derp Leaders demands
Vice President Mike Pence is resisting pressure from President Donald Trump and his allies to use his constitutional role overseeing the Electoral College count on Wednesday to somehow alter its outcome at the last moment.