With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- After Wednesday’s failed coup attempt, it’s official, Joe Biden will be our next president on January 20, 2021.
- Michelle Obama’s not too happy with Derp Leader nor his Cult:
- Washington’s Acting U.S. Attorney Mike Sherwin said his office will consider charging anyone involved in yesterday’s domestic terrorist attack. He didn’t rule out charging Trump either.
- Here is the growing list of lawmakers calling for the removal of the White House resident:
- Boeing charged with criminal conspiracy and fined $2.5 billion for cover up over 737 Max crashes.
- President-elect Joe Biden is expected to nominate Gina Raimondo as Commerce secretary, Marty Walsh as his Labor secretary and Isabel Guzman as Small Business Administrator.
- Vice President Mike Pence is expected to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.
- “Sit Down!” ‘No, you sit down!” An impassioned speech from Rep. Conor Lamb (D-Pa.) nearly sparked an early morning fistfight between two other House lawmakers during the debate over Pennsylvania’s electoral votes.
- Fact Check: No evidence of Antifa spurred the riots in D.C.
Twitter bans Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell in QAnon account purge
Twitter on Friday removed the accounts of Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell and other high-profile supporters of President Donald Trump who promoted the QAnon conspiracy theory.
The permanent bans are among the most high-profile that the company has instituted as part of its efforts to crack down on misinformation and calls for violence.
Trump’s radical lawyer Lin Wood perma-banned from Twitter
Major Josh Hawley donor calls for him to be censured by the U.S. Senate
From the Missouri Independent: Chief executive David Humphreys, who has donated many millions of dollars to Josh Hawley’s campaigns, sharply accused him of being ‘an anti-democracy populist’ who provoked the damaging riots on the nation’s Capitol yesterday.
Senate Sergeant of Arms resigns
Betsy DeVos resigns
NEW: Education Sec. DeVos resigns following Wednesday's siege of the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob: "There is no mistaking the impact your rhetoric had on the situation, and it is the inflection point for me." pic.twitter.com/MbNDM0HBiO
— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 8, 2021