With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- So, the House of Representatives impeached the White Supremacist in Chief for the second time.
- Five former Trump administration officials joined over 120 Republican former officials and lawmakers in calling President Donald Trump a “threat” to the U.S. and demanding that he be removed from office.
- National Guard units are being told to prepare for the possibility that improvised explosive devices will be used by individuals plotting to attack the Capitol in the days surrounding the Inauguration, according to two Guardsmen briefed this week.
- Josiah Colt, a rioter who said he got ‘caught up in the moment’ while dangling from a Senate chamber balcony during the Capitol insurrection, has been taken into custody.
- As rioters pounded on doors and smashed through glass windows at the U.S. Capitol last week,Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) says she worried her own colleagues in Congress might divulge her location to the mob outside, putting her at risk for kidnapping or worse.
Decoding White ISIS symbols found at the Capitol Building riots
- California officials acted Wednesday to move everyone over age 65 into the state’s COVID-19 vaccine line, positioning them right after health care workers and skilled nursing home residents, a change made in response to the disease’s higher death rate for older people.
- A coalition of 17 states and New York City are suing the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) over its decision not to tighten major air pollution standards.
Trump Destroying the Environment until the Last Minute
Olympic Gold Medalist in Swimming Klete Keller Charged for His Role in Capitol Insurrection