It’s Sunday and the weekend has come to an end. Below are a few articles and events we might have missed but are worthy of discussion. And in case you missed the Sunday shows, we got you covered. Please feel free to add your own headlines we might have missed.
- A Virginia man was arrested at a Washington checkpoint by the Capitol with an unauthorized inauguration pass, a gun and around 500 rounds of ammunition. The man described the situation to the Washington Post as “an honest mistake.”
- A woman pretending to be “part of the presidential cabinet” was arrested at an inauguration checkpoint in Washington, D.C., on Saturday morning.
- Linda Magovern, 63, was charged with impersonation of a law enforcement officer, failure to obey and fleeing a law enforcement officer after she presented herself at the checkpoint while in a car, NBC Washington reports.
- A List of the Lawmakers Who Joined Pro-Trump Crowds on the Day of the Capitol Riot.
- The fiery rallies that preceded the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 were organized and promoted by an array of established conservative insiders and activists, documents and videos show.
- The Republican Attorneys General Association was involved, as were the activist groups Turning Point Action and Tea Party Patriots. At least six current or former members of the Council for National Policy (CNP), an influential group that for decades has served as a hub for conservative and Christian activists, also played roles in promoting the rallies.
- Armed Protesters Gather in Ohio, Texas and Michigan.
- VP-Elect Kamala Harris to Resign Senate Seat, Alex Padilla Expected to Replace Her.
- As thousands of Honduran migrants make their way to the U.S. border, the incoming Biden administration, just days from taking office, has a message: Don’t come now.
- Melania Trump will be exiting the White House with the lowest favorability rating of her tenure as first lady, according to a new CNN poll.
- At 47%, more people have an unfavorable view of the first lady now than at any point since CNN first asked about views of her in February 2016. The poll, conducted by SSRS for CNN, puts Trump’s favorable rating at 42%, with 12% of those asked answering they are unsure of their feelings about the first lady.
- Parler’s website suddenly reappeared online Sunday afternoon with a message from its CEO, John Matze: “Hello world, is this thing on?”
- Parler now appears to be hosted by Epik, according to a WHOIS search. Epik is a hosting platform that supports Gab, 8chan and other services often used by members of the far-right.
Meanwhile, outside our chaos….Aleksei Navalny arrested upon landing in Moscow
Famed music producer and convicted murderer, Phil Spector, died today in prison
Graham asks Schumer to hold Senate vote on canceling impeachment trial
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) asked Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) in a letter on Sunday to support a vote to dismiss the House’s article of impeachment against President Donald Trump on a charge of incitement of violence.