The Good: New Covid cases are going down, as is hospitalization.
The Bad: New virus variants may cause another nasty surge within the next month.
The Ugly: Over 25 million US Covid cases, over 430,000 US Covid deaths so far.
- new cases in last 7 days: 1,225,147
- new deaths in last 7 days: 22,666
- new cases in the month of January: 5,359,370
- new deaths in the month of January: 76,993
- total US Covid cases recorded: 25,861,597
- total US Covid deaths recorded: 431,392
JOHNS HOPKINS stats:
- America’s 7 day average positive test rate is 9.1% (lowest since late November)
- 11 states + DC have a positive test rate of 5% or less
- 22 states have a positive test rate of 10% or higher
- 8 states have a positive test rate of 20% or higher
COVID TRACKING PROJECT stats:
- Hospitalized: 109,936
- In ICU Ward: 20,875
- On Ventilator: 6,857
Data compiled by, snake.