With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing.
- Rand Paul is still an ass:
- Elizabeth Warren does the right thing:
- No, News Viewers, this isn’t directed at you because you guys get how things work. This is directed to those who do not know how things work: Trump has already been impeached…TWICE. The Senate will vote, or not, to convict him. It’s a two part process…derp. Regardless, Trump will go down in history as the only US president to suffer impeachment TWICE.
- Sounds like Darling Nikki is also running in 2024:
- On Tuesday, 94 million people were under winter alerts across parts of 30 states stretching from California to Massachusetts. (It’s very cold in ‘sunny CA’ and tomorrow will bring heavy rains.
- President Joe Biden spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday, the first phone call between the two since the American president took office, the White House confirmed.
- “President Biden made clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to actions by Russia that harm us or our allies,” the White House said in a statement. “The two presidents agreed to maintain transparent and consistent communication going forward.”
- President Biden on racism:
- President Biden on COVID-19 and updates on vaccines:
- Vice President Kamala Harris receives her second COVID-19 vaccine:
- And a ‘Trump judge’ blocks President Biden’s 100-day deportation pause:
White ISIS/Wing Nut Watch:
- Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene repeatedly indicated support for executing prominent Democratic politicians in 2018 and 2019 before being elected to Congress, a CNN KFile review of hundreds of posts and comments from Greene’s Facebook page shows.
- In one post, from January 2019, Greene liked a comment that said “a bullet to the head would be quicker” to remove House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. In other posts, Greene liked comments about executing FBI agents who, in her eyes, were part of the “deep state” working against Trump.
But wait! There’s more!
- A California man accused of taking government documents he said were from Mitch McConnell’s desk and attempting to steal an American flag from the Capitol has been charged in connection with the deadly riot there earlier this month.
- Tommy Frederick Allan was arrested on charges of violent entry or disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, entering a restricted building or grounds and damage or theft of federal property, according to a criminal complaint filed Jan. 20 in federal court in Washington, D.C.
- In the weeks since Adam Newbold, a former member of the Navy SEALs, was identified as part of the enraged crowd that descended on the Capitol on Jan. 6, he has been interviewed by the F.B.I. and has resigned under pressure from jobs as a mentor and as a volunteer wrestling coach. He expects his business to lose major customers over his actions.
- Twitter has permanently suspended My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell’s account following his continued unproven claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.
- Twitter said in a statement Monday that the platform banned Lindell due to “repeated violations” of its civic integrity policy.
Breaking News! Hold on to your Hats! Revealed: Dr. Fauci is the highest paid Federal Official making…417k a year. . . . .
1. Gilead Sciences, Daniel O'Day — $29.1 million
2. Centene Corp., Michael Neidorff — $26.4 million
3. Abbott Laboratories, Miles White — $22.1 million
4. Johnson & Johnson, Alex Gorsky — $19.6 million
— Anti-Social Media (@Terrista2) January 26, 2021
Fauci’s salary is lower than the minimum wage of an NBA rookie player.
Fauci makes 5 times less than a college football 🏈 coach.
Fauci makes 10 times less than top bankers make.
— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) January 27, 2021
White ISIS threatens Rep. Hakeem Jerffries and his family
Senator Leahy taken to the hospital
Leahy spox: “This evening, Senator Leahy was in his Capitol office and was not feeling well. He was examined in the Capitol by the Attending Physician. Out of an abundance of caution, the Attending Physician recommended that he be taken to a local hospital.” He’s being evaluated
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) January 26, 2021
Later, family separation policy!
The Justice Department on Tuesday rescinded a Trump-era memo that established a “zero tolerance” enforcement policy for migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally, which resulted in thousands of family separations.