New cases and hospitalization declines, states opening up restrictions.
The highly virulent UK variant is expected to become dominant by March.
The Brazil and South African variants have some level of antibody and vaccine resistance, and are more difficult to detect in testing
The Johnson and Johnson vaccine expected to make a HUGE impact in fighting Covid since it’s a single shot vaccine that doesn’t have to be frozen like other vaccines.
The AstraZeneca vaccine will also be hitting the US market soon.
Racial Disparity Alert: So far, all minorities have been under-represented in vaccine distribution, with white women making up the majority of all people vaccinated.
- Yesterday: 114,036 new cases, 4,033 new deaths
- In February (3 days): 356,933 new cases, 9,668 new deaths
- Over last 7 days: 952,602 new cases, 22,127 new deaths
- Total Cases: 27,151,037
- Total Deaths: 463,466
- America’s positive test rate 7.7%
- 19 states + DC with rate of 5% or less
- 17 states with rate of 10% or more
- 6 states with rate of 20% or more
- hospitalization: 91,440
- in ICU: 18,147
- on ventilator: 5,920
Data compiled by, snake.