It’s Sunday and the weekend has come to an end. Below are a few articles and events we might have missed but are worthy of discussion. And in case you missed the Sunday shows, we got you covered. Please feel free to add your own headlines we might have missed.
The Biden Administration:
- Attorney general nominee Merrick Garland plans to tell the Senate on Monday that if confirmed to become the nation’s top law enforcement official, he will strive to lead an agency committed to battling discrimination in American life and extremist attacks on democracy.
- Adam Kinzinger Claps Back at Illinois County GOP’s Vote to Censure Him: ‘Thanks for Playing’
- A very sad day in America, indeed. Currently, this is the headlines of The Washington Post.
- New studies show that one shot of a vaccine can greatly amplify antibody levels in those who have recovered from the coronavirus.
The Sunday Shows:
- Best tweet of the day:
- Ohio Oath Keeper Jessica Watkins , a leader in an alleged Oath Keepers conspiracy in the US Capitol insurrection claims she was given a VIP pass to the pro-Trump rally on January 6, had met with Secret Service agents and was providing security for legislators and others, including in their march to the Capitol, according to a new court filing.
- Ohio looks to ‘cancel’ Rep. Anthony Gonzalez because he voted to impeach Trump.
- YouTube ‘cancels’ Ohio House hearing video for COVID-19 misinformation. That may not be the only ‘channel’ cancelled for COVID-19 MISINFORMATION.
White ISIS/MAGAts/Wing Nuts:
- Trump will speak at CPAC; Pence declined.
- More bad news out of Tejas: Texas residents who endured days without power during last week’s winter storms are facing a new obstacle: Electricity bills over $5,000 for less than a week of energy.
- U.S. Deports Nazi Concentration Camp Guard To Germany.
- What’s In Tattoo Ink? Why Scientists Want To Know.
- Ten U.S. corporations slashed donations to candidates seeking federal office by more than 90% in January, after pledging to cut off giving to the Republicans who supported former President Donald Trump’s attempt to overturn his election defeat.
- A California school district’s entire board of trustees has resigned after several were heard making disparaging comments about parents during a live virtual meeting this week. Good tweets found here:
And a bit of humor: