- President Joe Biden on Monday launched changes to the U.S. coronavirus aid program for small businesses to try to reach smaller and minority-owned firms, sole proprietors and those with past criminal records left behind in previous rounds of aid.
- Neera Tanden, President Biden’s nominee to head the Office of Management and Budget, suffered a significant setback on Monday as two moderate Republicans said they would not support her nomination, potentially dooming her chances for confirmation.
- President Joe Biden’s administration on Monday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to cancel an upcoming oral argument on a policy introduced under his predecessor Donald Trump backing work requirements for people who receive healthcare under the Medicaid program for the poor.
- Watch President Biden and Vice President Harris deliver comments on the 500K lives lost to COVID-19.
- As the U.S. passes the grievous marker of 500,000 lives lost to COVID-19, President Joe Biden will order flags on federal property to be lowered at half staff for five days to mark the solemn milestone, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said at a Monday briefing.
- NPR-Long Haulers and disability:
- False claims tying coronavirus vaccines to infertility drive doubts among women of childbearing age.
White ISIS/MAGAts/Wing Nuts Watch:
- The Supreme Court handed Trump a significant defeat on Monday morning by declining to halt investigators from getting their hands on his tax returns. Here is his response:
- ‘Angry Patriot Hippie’ suspected in Capitol riots arrested for threatening to shoot FBI agents in TikTok video.
- The wife of notorious Mexican drug trafficker Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera was arrested Monday at a Virginia airport on drug trafficking charges, federal authorities said.
- The family of Black civil rights leader Malcolm X is calling for a thorough investigation into his murder after unveiling new evidence alleging the New York police and the FBI conspired in his 1965 assassination.
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy (D) on Monday signed three bills to legalize and regulate marijuana in the state, following years of failed attempts by the legislature.
- Barack and Michelle Obama’s production company, Higher Ground Productions, announced a new show with Bruce Springsteen exclusively for Spotify called “Renegades: Born in the USA.”
- Virginia to become the first Southern state to abolish death penalty. It has used the death penalty more than any other state.