- President Joe Biden‘s administration has nearly reached half of its goal to administer 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses during his first 100 days in office, according to new data.
- Dozens of migrant teens boarded vans Monday for the trip down a dusty road to a former man camp for oil field workers here, the first migrant child facility opened under the Biden administration.
- Explained below to Foxbots that want to do some ‘gotcha’ nonsense:
- ‘After Trump, the UN needs some extra love’: Linda Thomas-Greenfield confirmed as UN ambassador.
- President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden will travel to Houston on Friday as Texas works to recover from major winter storms and power outages.
- Vaccine advisers to the US Food and Drug Administration will meet Friday to discuss whether to recommend Johnson & Johnson’s Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use authorization.
- ‘Remarkable outcome’: Big gains are likely for economy this year even as COVID-19 damage lingers.
- A variant first discovered in California in December is more contagious than earlier forms of the coronavirus, two new studies have shown, fueling concerns that emerging mutants like this one could hamper the sharp decline in cases over all in the state and perhaps elsewhere.
- Jerome H. Powell, the chair of the Federal Reserve, told lawmakers that the economic rebound from the pandemic recession had further to go and reiterated that the central bank planned to keep up its growth-stoking policies, which include rock-bottom interest rates and large-scale bond buying.
- “The economic recovery remains uneven and far from complete, and the path ahead is highly uncertain,” Mr. Powell said in prepared remarks he delivered to the Senate Banking Committee on Tuesday. “Although there has been much progress in the labor market since the spring, millions of Americans remain out of work.”
- FAQ: Single or double? The latest advice on masks and covid.
White ISIS/MAGAts/Wing Nut Watch:
- Donald Trump Executioners May Have Misled Courts, Sparking Calls for Investigation.
- Trump may soon have to answer rape allegations under oath.
- Boo Hoo: MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he’s losing $65 million over election-fraud claims and it proves he’s not pushing conspiracy theories for the money.
- Former Georgia Sen. David Perdue said Tuesday that he won’t run in 2022 to reclaim a seat in the U.S. Senate, eight days after the defeated Republican filed campaign paperwork that could have opened the way for him to run against Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock.
- The mother of Ahmaud Arbery, the 25-year-old Black man who was chased and gunned down by a group of white men in Glynn County, Ga., while jogging, filed a multi-million dollar civil lawsuit against several people involved in the killing or the subsequent investigation.
- The lawsuit filed by Wanda Cooper on Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia comes exactly one year after her son’s murder.