With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- President Biden on Wednesday criticized the governors of Texas and Mississippi for ending mask mandates and rolling back other coronavirus restrictions, saying “the last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking.”
- House Democrats are poised to pass a sweeping elections and ethics bill, offering it up as a powerful counterweight to voting rights restrictions advancing in Republican-controlled statehouses across the country.
- Because of his lack of past healthcare experience and his challenges as California attorney general to HHS authorities to grant religious conscience waivers to Obamacare mandates to provide coverage for contraception, the U.S. Senate Finance Committee deadlocked on Wednesday over President Joe Biden’s nominee to head the Department of Health and Human Services, Xavier Becerra.
- It took more than three hours for former President Donald Trump’s Defense Department to approve a request for the D.C. National Guard to intervene in the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, the commanding general of the outfit told senators on Wednesday.
- Great time to lift COVID-19 restrictions, Abbott: Texas ranks 48th among the states based on the number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered per 100,000 people, according to the latest report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- And they wonder why many on the left label Republicans racists: Why the Georgia G.O.P.’s Voting Rollbacks Would Hit Black People Hard
White ISIS/MAGAts, White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch:
- Trump’s Baseless 2020 Conspiracies Complicate Ohio Effort To Buy Voting Machines
- Latest Wing Nut Outrage: “Where’s Joe? Why hasn’t he held a solo presser?” McNinny on Hannity:
- “Where’s Joe? It’s been 41 days, at this point President Trump had had multiple press appearances, press conferences. President Barack Obama had as well,” McEnany said on Tuesday.
- “Joe Biden needs to step up, we need to hear from him. He needs to engage in the transparency that he promised us, he hasn’t thus far.”
- Cuomo, Contrite Over Sex Harassment Accusations, Refuses to Resign:
- South Carolina Senators Vote To Add Firing Squad to Execution Methods
- Legislators in more than half the states are debating bills to limit access to sports or medical care for transgender people, opening a new front in the wars over LGBT rights that threaten to spill into the courts.
- Federal authorities have launched a human smuggling investigation after Tuesday’s crash between a sport utility vehicle and gravel truck left 13 people dead and a dozen others injured just north of the California-Mexico border.
Congress will not meet Thursday after intel received about threat to Capitol
Inspector General’s Report Cites Elaine Chao for Misuse of Office
"…the Justice Department’s criminal and public integrity divisions both declined to take up the matter, even after the inspector general found repeated examples of Ms. Chao using her staff and her office to help benefit her family and their business…"https://t.co/PWsGeToAwS
— Maddow Blog (@MaddowBlog) March 3, 2021
Update to California Crash
Apparently two vehicles entered the U.S. through a 10-foot hole in the border wall, attempting to bring 44 people in to the U.S. Surveillance video showed two vehicles entering through the hole. A Chevy Suburban carrying 19 people caught fire 30 miles into the U.S. but all people escaped the vehicle and were taken into custody by Border Patrol. The second vehicle, carrying 25 people, collided with a truck and killed several.