FORMER Vice President Mike Pence broke his silence after the January 6th insurrection that almost cost him his life. In an OpEd published in Daily Signal, a conservative publication owned by The Heritage Foundation.
In his OpEd, Pence slams HR1 known as For the People Act of 2021, which contains “provisions to restore voting rights for felons, expand early and absentee voting, set national standards for early voting and voter registration, allow voters to register online or on Election Day and prevent voter purges.”
A few excerpts from his Daily Signal OpEd:
- “Voting irregularities took place in states that set aside laws enacted by state legislatures in favor of sweeping changes ordered by governors, secretaries of state, and courts.”
- The Democratic Party wishes to “push forward a brazen attempt to nationalize elections in blatant disregard of the U.S. Constitution.”
- “The so-called For the People Act, a massive 800-page election overhaul bill that would increase opportunities for election fraud, trample the First Amendment, further erode confidence in our elections, and forever dilute the votes of legally qualified eligible voters.”
- “Congressional districts would be redrawn by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats. Illegal immigrants and law-abiding American citizens would receive equal representation in Congress.”
- The bill is an “unconstitutional power grab” by “leftists.”