With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Biden to hold first formal press conference next week.
- A group of more than 100 House members on Tuesday urged the IRS to extend the tax filing and payment deadlines — the latest effort from lawmakers to press the IRS to postpone the April 15 due date.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- Some long-haul covid-19 patients say their symptoms are subsiding after getting vaccines:
- FAA to extend ‘zero-tolerance’ policy for bad behavior while federal mask mandate is in place.
- Birx on Trump’s disinfectant ‘injection’ moment: ‘I still think about it every day’
White ISIS/MAGAts/ Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch:
- Trump’s Incomplete Border Wall Is in Pieces That Could Linger for Decades
- Then something else came into focus a few weeks ago at the forbidding site in the Huachuca Mountains: a lonely segment of border wall, connected to nothing at all, in an area where migrants rarely even try to cross into the United States.
- “There it was, this unfinished piece of completely pointless wall, right in this magical place,” said Julia Sheehan, 31, a nurse and former Air Force mechanic who trekked to the site with three other military veterans who are hiking the Arizona Trail. “It’s one of the most senseless things I’ve ever seen.”
- Global March 20 Anti-Vaccine Protests Promoted by QAnon-Linked Groups.
- The Arizona Republican Party must pay the state more than $18,000 after it filed a “groundless” election lawsuit, a superior court judge ruled on Monday.
- Maricopa County Superior Court Judge John Hannah dismissed the lawsuit brought by the state’s GOP—which challenged the 2020 election process—as “disingenuous” and “groundless.”
- Two more South Carolina men, including a Citadel cadet, face charges connected with participating in the U.S. Capitol riot in January.
- Michigan AG Nessel Charges Man with Terrorism for Death Threats Made Against Biden, Pelosi and Whitmer:
- Vindman twin set for promotion after bad evaluations from Trump appointees.
- Damn straight: California Governor Gavin Newsom on Monday put forth his strongest condemnation to date of an ongoing recall effort to remove him from office, joining several high-profile Washington Democrats in labeling it a GOP-funded hit job.
- Damn straight 2.0: “The chief proponent of this recall petition supports putting microchips into migrants, into immigrants,” Newsom said. “The other proponents—the top 10 proponents, the people that are behind this—are members of the Three Percenters, the right-wing militia group, the Proud Boys, support of the insurrection, are folks that quite literally, enthusiastically, support QAnon conspiracies. And so that’s the origin here.”
- Screening for Type 2 diabetes and prediabetes should start at age 35 for people who are considered overweight, instead of the currently recommended age 40, a draft set of guidelines from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends.