Not only did we miss some headlines, we missed the missed headlines blog as well so,…here we go:
With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Jobs report blows past expectations as payrolls boom by 916,000 in March.
- Job growth boomed in March at the fastest pace since last summer, as stronger economic growth and an aggressive vaccination effort contributed to a surge in hospitality and construction jobs, the Labor Department reported Friday.
- Nonfarm payrolls increased by 916,000 for the month while the unemployment rate fell to 6%.
- For morons that actually believe presidents create jobs and continue to create them even out of office, check out The Former Guy’s stats:
- But wait, there’s more! USA Today fact checked this claim:
- “We rate this claim TRUE, based on our research. More jobs were lost during the Trump administration than any other in history. Approximately 4 million fewer people were employed from January 2017 to September 2020, according to the most recent publicly available data.”
- And the Capitol Building is on lockdown…again:
- Mitch McConnell on Thursday ruled out support from his Republicans for President Joe Biden’s new infrastructure plan, all but ensuring that the proposal will have to pass with lockstep Democratic unity in the Senate.
- Republicans on a key House committee are pressing the Justice Department and Capitol Police to brief them on a review of Democratic allegations that some GOP lawmakers provided “suspicious” tours to possible rioters in the days before the Jan. 6 attack on Congress.
Voter Suppression/Voting Rights:
- The ranks of big corporations now criticizing GOP efforts to restrict voting access spread Thursday to Texas as measures that would reduce options to cast ballots and limit polling hours advanced in the state Capitol.
- American Airlines, which is based in Fort Worth, came out against restrictive voting measures that have a favorable path to reaching Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s desk in the coming weeks.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- Don’t freak out if you get these side effects from a Covid-19 vaccine. They can actually be a good sign.
- Providing the usual clowns get vaccinated, Fauci Expects Surge In Vaccinations To Keep A 4th Coronavirus Wave At Bay:
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
GOP Rep’s Family Calls Him Out Over Insurrection In Scathing Fox News Ad:
- John Boehner: Panic Rooms, Birth Certificates and the Birth of GOP Paranoia
- “Bachmann, who had represented Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District since 2007 and made a name for herself as a lunatic ever since,…”
- “All of this crap swirling around was going to make it tough for me to cut any deals with Obama as the new House Speaker. Of course, it has to be said that Obama didn’t help himself much either. He could come off as lecturing and haughty. He still wasn’t making Republican outreach a priority. But on the other hand—how do you find common cause with people who think you are a secret Kenyan Muslim traitor to America?”
- With Trump Off The Ballot, Republicans Look To Regain Votes In The Suburbs.
- The Collin County Sheriff’s Office has fired seven detention officers involved in the death of 26-year-old Marvin Scott III. Police arrested Scott on March 14 and charged him with possessing less than two ounces of marijuana, a class B misdemeanor. He died in police custody that same day.