With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- The Biden administration and top Democrats in Congress began detailing plans for significant changes to how the United States and other countries tax multinational corporations as they look for ways to raise revenues and finance President Biden’s $2 trillion infrastructure proposal.
- Joe Manchin Demands Changes To Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Plan
- The West Virginia senator maintains that the corporate tax rate should go up to 25%, rather than 28%, to pay for infrastructure improvements.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday accused corporations of siding with Democrats’ portrayal of the law as the new Jim Crow, which he called an attempt to “mislead and bully the American people.” He argued that it would expand, not restrict, voter access to the polls and his statement included a threat of unspecified “serious consequences” if companies continued to take sides opposite Republicans on a variety of issues.
- “From election law to environmentalism to radical social agendas to the Second Amendment, parts of the private sector keep dabbling in behaving like a woke parallel government,” McConnell said in his statement. “Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order.”
Voter Suppression/Voting Rights:
- Texas Gov. Abbott won’t throw Rangers’ first pitch, balks at MLB stance on voting rights
- In a letter sent to the team, Abbott said he will no longer participate and that Texas won’t seek to host any future MLB events.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- With millions of U.S. homeowners behind on their mortgages after the coronvirus pandemic slammed the economy, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is proposing banning foreclosures until next year.
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- A QAnon revelation suggests the truth of Q’s identity was right there all along
- The extremist movement’s leader had purported to be a top-secret government operative. But a possible slip-up in a new documentary about QAnon suggests that Q was actually Ron Watkins, the longtime administrator of the 8kun message board.
- Matt Gaetz Says Critics Want to ‘Criminalize’ His Prior Sex Life Because Their ‘Ideas Suck’
- Arkansas governor vetoes bill banning medical treatments for transgender youths.
- McDonald’s, Other CEOs Tell Investors $15 Minimum Wage Won’t Hurt Business