With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Rep. Alcee L. Hastings, a charismatic civil rights lawyer who became Florida’s first Black federal judge, was impeached on corruption charges and made a remarkable comeback as a liberal Democratic member of the U.S. House and the dean of his state’s congressional delegation, died April 6. He was 84.
Voter Suppression/Voting Rights:
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- President Joe Biden announced Tuesday that he’s bumping up his deadline by two weeks for states to make all adults in the U.S. eligible for coronavirus vaccines. But even as he expressed optimism about the pace of vaccinations, he warned Americans that the nation is not yet out of the woods when it comes to the pandemic.
- President Biden said Tuesday that the United States is still in a “life and death race against this virus,” cautioning that the coronavirus pandemic is not over yet and urging Americans to get vaccinated.
- Young people are driving the latest Covid-19 surge, especially in Michigan.
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- After dozens were killed at two mass school shootings in recent years, National Rifle Association leader Wayne LaPierre said the ensuing public outrage put him in so much danger that he had to take shelter — specifically, on a friend’s 108-foot yacht.
- “I was basically under presidential threat without presidential security in terms of the number of threats I was getting,” LaPierre said in a deposition filed during the weekend. “And this was the one place that I hope could feel safe, where I remember getting there going, ‘Thank God I’m safe, nobody can get me here.’”
- Arkansas Passes First Ban on Gender Surgery for Transgender Minors in U.S. After Overriding Governor’s Veto.
- IDAHO: Far-Right Reinforcements Swarm Judge’s House for Ammon Bundy.
- Bezos supports Biden’s infrastructure push, backs corporate tax rate hike
- Amazon, the nation’s second-largest employer, is currently facing backlash resulting from its attempts to crush unionizing efforts at its warehouses and Whole Foods grocery stores.
- Stolen Confederate monument will become a ‘toilet’ unless ‘White Lies Matter’ demands met, group vows
“Buckle Up Ohio,” you have a MAGAt running for US Senator.
By watching his video below, he’s checked all the boxes and will be the perfect McMAGAt who will hopefully hand over the senate seat to a deep blue member of the Democratic Party–but, it’s Ohio. So, don’t hold your breath.
More than half of Republicans believe false accounts of deadly U.S. Capitol riot-Reuters/Ipsos poll
More than half of the Mentally Challenged MAGAts “believe the siege was largely a non-violent protest or was the handiwork of left-wing activists “trying to make Trump look bad,” a new Reuters/Ipsos poll has found.
Six in 10 Republicans also believe the false claim put out by Trump that November’s presidential election “was stolen” from him due to widespread voter fraud, and the same proportion of Republicans think he should run again in 2024, the March 30-31 poll showed.”