Remember when we used to post history, including music history on this thread? It’s been awhile; so, you probably don’t. I decided I would focus on what happened today in music history, but nothing interested me. Well, there was this that I could’ve lived my whole life not ever knowing:
1970 – Jim Morrison Jim Morrison was dragged off stage by keyboardist Ray Manzarek during a Doors concert in Boston, after Morrison asked the audience, ‘Would you like to see my genitals?’. Theater management quickly switched off the power. Morrison had been arrested in Miami a year earlier for ‘lewd and lascivious behavior’ during a performance.
🙄 🙄 🙄
But, the entire month of April seemed pretty noteworthy:
• 1984: Marvin Gaye is shot to death by his father during an argument, one day before his 45th birthday.
• 1968: Jimi Hendrix, B.B. King and Buddy Guy meet up for an all night blues session after hearing the news of Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination.
• 1994: Kurt Cobain, 27, commits suicide
• 1985: At 3:50 p.m. GMT, an estimated 5,000 radio stations around the globe simultaneously play “We Are the World”
• 1993: Police arrest David Lee Roth in New York City for buying a $10 bag of marijuana
So, pull up a drink, kick back, and have some fun.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and stay away from maskless and un-vaccinated Wing Nuts; they’re dangerous to your health.