With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Biden Republicans? Some in GOP open to president’s agenda
- The White House is facing diverging pressure from two powerful allies — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Budget Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) — over whether to use an upcoming spending package to strengthen the Affordable Care Act or expand Medicare eligibility.
Voter Suppression/Voting Rights:
- Will Smith’s movie Emancipation is the first project to withdraw its production from Georgia over the state’s new restrictive election laws.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- Regeneron is pursuing U.S. approval for its COVID-19 monoclonal antibody cocktail as a preventative treatment after it helped cut the risk of symptomatic infections in households where someone else is ill, the U.S. drugmaker said on Monday.
- One man has been shot dead after a gunman reportedly fired shots in front of a Paris hospital, where COVID-19 vaccinations were being administered.
- As Gretchen Whitmer Asks for More COVID Shots, CDC’s Walensky Urges Michigan to ‘Shut Things Down’
- Michigan’s Covid-19 crisis could be a sign of what’s to come for the US, expert says
- Studies Confirm Racial, Ethnic Disparities In COVID-19 Hospitalizations And Visits
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- A federal judge has granted pretrial release to the only Trump administration appointee known to have been charged in connection with the storming of the Capitol during the certification of electoral votes on Jan. 6.
- Domestic terrorism incidents have soared to new highs in the United States, driven chiefly by white-supremacist, anti-Muslim and anti-government extremists on the far right, according to a Washington Post analysis of data compiled by the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- Iran blamed Israel on Monday for an attack on its underground Natanz nuclear facility that damaged its centrifuges — sabotage that imperils ongoing talks over Tehran’s tattered nuclear deal and brings a shadow war between the two countries into the light.
- New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan-Grisham (D) on Monday signed legislation to legalize the use and sale of recreational marijuana in the state, as well as to expunge the records of people with prior, low-level cannabis convictions.
- Shootings of Utah cows, horses skyrocketed during the pandemic. And no one really knows why.
2nd night of protests
A whisper campaign among conservatives that perhaps Biden isn’t actually engaged in doing his job
Republicans had become accustomed to daily tweet rants, verbal attacks on perceived adversaries and endless conspiracies….that having an actual President, focused on the business of the people is suspicious and confusing for some.
The president is not doing cable news interviews. Tweets from his account are limited and, when they come, unimaginably conventional. The public comments are largely scripted. Biden has opted for fewer sit down interviews with mainstream outlets and reporters.
— Senator John Cornyn (@JohnCornyn) April 12, 2021