With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Senate Republicans are signaling that they will allow for a debate of an anti-Asian hate crimes bill, defusing a potential filibuster standoff that was expected to come to a head on Wednesday.
Voter Suppression/Voting Rights:
- Republican lawmakers ready to change Ohio voting rules.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- Coronavirus Cases Are Rising Again. See How Your State Is Doing
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
Cops Behaving Badly:
- Kenosha officer who shot Jacob Blake won’t face discipline, police chief says
- Officer Rusten Sheskey has returned from administrative leave after an investigation by an outside agency found him to be acting within department policy.
- A San Diego Zoo wildlife care specialist was bitten Monday by a venomous snake while they were in an area away from the public, an official said.
- The worker was taken to the hospital for evaluation and treatment after the bite from the African bush viper, the official said, stressing that “incidents like this are very rare, and the snake was contained at all times with no risk of an escape.”
- The condition of the employee was unknown Tuesday.