With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Biden Quietly Preparing for Food Stamp Increase Without Congress.
- US begins reuniting some families separated at Mexico border.
- The Biden administration is planning to install Richard Cordray, the former director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, as the head of the nation’s $1.6 trillion portfolio of federal student loans, according to several sources familiar with the decision.
- Mitch McConnell: 1619, American slavery starting point, not an important date in history.
- Critical Race Theory Does Not Present The U.S. As ‘Evil’, 1619 Project Creator Denies GOP View
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- E.U. proposal would allow vaccinated American tourists by the end of June.
- DeSantis signs bill banning vaccine ‘passports,’ suspends local pandemic restrictions.
- Children Now Account For 22% of New U.S. COVID Cases. Why Is That?
- This is how herd immunity works, wing nuts:
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Wing Nut Watch: The Critical Race Theory, which more than likely, they know nothing about, except what Tucker Carlson tells them-The nation’s reckoning over race has reached thousands of U.S. schools, and so, too, has a conservative backlash.
- Schools across the country are working to address systemic racism and inject an anti-racist mind-set into campus life. But where advocates see racial progress, opponents see an effort to shame White teachers and sometimes students for being part of an oppressive system.
- In particular, conservatives have seized on the idea that schools are promoting critical race theory, a decades-old academic framework that examines how policies and the law perpetuate systemic racism. It holds in part that racism is woven into the fabric of the nation’s history and life — a product of the system and not just individual bad actors.
- Jenner backs transgender athlete ban for girls’ sports in schools
- Worker enslaved at SC restaurant should get $546,000 from manager, court rules
- Love you, Mom!
- Conservative Republican legislators in Kansas failed Monday to override Democratic Gov. Laura Kelly’s veto of a proposed ban on transgender athletes in girls’ and women’s school sports.
- About two-thirds of Lubbock, Texas, residents voted ban abortion procedures in the city to become what supporters call the country’s largest “sanctuary city for the unborn,” on Saturday, likely setting up a lengthy legal battle with city’s newly opened Planned Parenthood clinic.
- Nurses, doctor help ‘lucky’ mom who gave birth on flight.
- In a potentially significant shift in the debate over combating sexual assault in the military, the nation’s top general says he is dropping his opposition to a proposal to take decisions on sexual assault prosecution out of the hands of commanders.