With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- President Biden delivered remarks on the vaccination:
- He will set new benchmarks for the United States to return to pre-pandemic life.
- Will set a goal of 70 percent of adult Americans having at least one coronavirus vaccine shot by the Fourth of July.
- The White House on Tuesday told states that coronavirus vaccine doses they choose not to order will become available to other states — the most significant shift in domestic vaccine distribution since President Biden took office, and part of an effort to account for flagging demand in parts of the country.
- What it’s been like fact-checking Joe Biden through 100 days
- “CNN: Through his first 100 days in the Oval Office, Biden has given us intermittent false claims rather than the staggering avalanche of daily wrongness we faced from his predecessor.
- By CNN’s rough count, Biden has made 29 total false claims in his first 100 days, about one every three-and-a-half days on average. That’s not cause for celebration. But I counted 214 false claims from Trump over his own first 100 days in office, more than two per day on average — and that was a very slow Trump period compared to what came later. Trump averaged about eight false claims per day in the full year I tracked as a CNN reporter, from August 2019 through July 2020.”
- They’re coming after the Parler Pals: Attorney general calls for increased funding to combat domestic terrorism.
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Tuesday he’s “lost confidence” in Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) during a moment of candor caught on a hot mic, a tape reviewed by Axios shows.
- What he’s saying: “I think she’s got real problems,” McCarthy told Steve Doocy off-air ahead of a live “Fox and Friends” interview. “I’ve had it with … I’ve had it with her. You know, I’ve lost confidence. … Well, someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place.”
- Wing Nut Darling Elise Stefanik really, really wants Spawn of Satan’s job.
- Pelosi mocks House GOP looking for ‘non-threatening female’ to replace Liz Cheney.
- From the GOP Leadership: Help Wanted – Non-Threatening Female:
- Vote to Oust Liz Cheney From GOP Leadership Could Occur as Early as Next Week:
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- Pfizer Says FDA Will Soon Authorize COVID-19 Vaccine For 12-15 Age Group.
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- ‘Goddamn Asians’: Man Allegedly Rammed Truck Into Group of People After Yelling Racist Remarks.
- Boo Hoo: Man who fatally shot 3 at Kansas Jewish sites dies in prison
- A soldier in the Wisconsin National Guard was charged Monday in connection with the Capitol riot Jan. 6, becoming the fourth service member linked to the violent attempt to thwart the certification of Joe Biden’s election as president.
- Abram Markofski and an associate were arrested Monday in Wisconsin and charged with four counts related to the Capitol breach, including violent entry or disorderly conduct and entering restricted spaces, according to the Justice Department.
- Mexico City subway overpass collapses; at least 24 dead as metro cars topple.
- Montana will stop offering extended unemployment benefits in June and give bonuses to recipients of jobless aid who come back to work to help tackle labor shortages, Gov. Greg Gianforte (R) announced Tuesday.
- Florida’s Crist becomes first prominent Democrat to challenge DeSantis
Chauvin’s legal team files motion in Minneapolis court requesting new trial on multiple grounds, including jury misconduct.
BREAKING: Derek Chauvin, fmr. Minneapolis police officer who was convicted of murder in the death of George Floyd, has filed a motion asking for a new trial; Chauvin's legal team alleges his ability to have a fair trial was affected by pretrial publicity. https://t.co/KzriEYI8sA
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) May 4, 2021