With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- House sends anti-Asian hate bill to Biden’s desk. The bill passed on a 364-62 vote, with all no votes coming from Republicans.
- Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday he is “pushing the pause button,” on the legislation to form the commission, which is expected to pass the House this week despite the opposition of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy. That means the bill is likely to have a more difficult path when it reaches the Senate, where majority Democrats will need at least 10 GOP votes to pass it.
COVID-19 Updates and COVIDIOTS:
- Changed by pandemic, many workers won’t return to old jobs.
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Donald Trump donated his federal salary, but he’s taken $65,600 in pension payments since January 20.
- Palestinians across Israel and the occupied territories went on strike in a rare collective protest Tuesday as Israeli missiles toppled a building in Gaza and militants in the Hamas-ruled territory fired dozens of rockets that killed two people.
- Israel says it will step up strikes on Hamas tunnels despite cease-fire calls as clashes erupt in the West Bank.
- Darwin’s Arch, a rock formation south-east of Darwin Island in the Galápagos archipelago, has collapsed due to natural erosion, Ecuador’s environment ministry said.
- On Tuesday, Bank of America announced that it will increase its hourly minimum wage to $25 by 2025, lifting it further from $20 per hour it established in March 2020.
- In addition, all Bank of America vendors are required to now pay their employees at least $15 per hour.