It’s Sunday and the weekend has come to an end. Below are a few articles and events we might have missed but are worthy of discussion. And in case you missed the Sunday shows, we got you covered. Please feel free to add your own headlines we might have missed.
- Stimulus check update: Direct payments boosted economy, study says, spurring calls for 4th check
- Before violent Oregon Capitol breach, GOP lawmaker coached people on how to slip in, video shows:
COVID-19 Updates & COVIDIOTS:
- CDC director urges parents to vaccinate teens, pointing to increase in severe cases
- Hospitalization rates for adolescents went up in March and April, even as they stabilized for those 65 and older, new study finds
- Trump’s chief of staff pushed Justice Dept. to investigate baseless election fraud claims
- Oh, NOOOOOO! They’re bagging on Rand Paul again: Stay Tuned!
The Sunday Shows:
White ISIS/MAGAts/Wing Nuts/GUNZ!
- Donald Trump’s final White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, pressured the acting attorney general to help push the lie of electoral fraud in Trump’s defeat by Joe Biden – even asking him to investigate a conspiracy theory which said people in Italy used military satellites to make US voting machines switch votes for Biden.
- Whether Trump was just wearing the suit equivalent of jogging bottoms or he did indeed wake up in the morning and put his trousers on backwards still remains up for debate.
This Russian artist used 500 human teeth to make a portrait of Vladimir Putin. Evageniya Skovart said he was inspired to use them after Putin's recent remarks that he would 'knock the teeth out’ of foreign actors who encroach on Russia's territory pic.twitter.com/1xB3qLqmv5
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) June 6, 2021