With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- White House to host July 4 ‘independence from virus’ bash
- Pelosi says House to move forward with Jan. 6 investigations
Someone is lusting to become Speaker of the House:
- Senate confirms Lina Khan to Federal Trade Commission in a 69-28 vote
The U.S. Has Hit 600,000 COVID Deaths, More Than Any Other Country
- COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Almost five months after leaving office, major publishing houses still are wary of publishing a book by former President Donald Trump, even though a post-White House memoir would almost assuredly be a best-seller.
- Their reluctance is driven by several factors, though the underlying fear is that whatever Trump would write wouldn’t be truthful.
- AP: Some stolen US military guns used in violent crimes
- Putin’s favorite ex-Congresscritter Dana Rohrabacher says he protested outside the Capitol on Jan. 6
Proving that providing direct aid to the average US citizen stimulates the economy:
Extreme heat in the West could break 200 records and produce temps up to 127 degrees
- About 200 million people are projected to experience temperatures over 90 degrees over the next seven days, and 40 million over 100 degrees.
- Man who fathered 94 children with 39 wives dies in India