With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Biden and Putin release joint statement on shared goals for stability, nuclear arms control.
- “Today, we reaffirm the principle that a nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought,” the presidents said.
- Title IX Protections Extend to Transgender Students, Education Dept. Says
- Using a Supreme Court ruling as its guide, the department issued guidance that discrimination against gay and transgender students was prohibited under the 1972 law.
- Biden administration grants loan relief to former for-profit college students
- Congress nears final approval of plan to make Juneteenth a federal holiday.
Go Chuck! Just do it!.
- Breaking Olympic covid rules could result in athletes’ disqualification, deportation.
- Royal Caribbean delays cruise after 8 crew members test positive for coronavirus.
- Nearly 900 people got expired Covid-19 vaccine doses at site in New York’s Times Square
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Two morons will meet at the border: The Former Guy said Tuesday that he will travel to the U.S.-Mexico border later this month at the invitation of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a critic of Biden administration’s immigration policies that he says have triggered a crisis in his state.
- A slight majority of Republican voters say that state-level reviews of the 2020 presidential election will uncover information that will reverse the outcome of the race, according to a new Morning Consult-Politico poll.
- Rep. Carolyn Maloney of New York revealed to the House Oversight Committee and the Reform Committee Tuesday that the conservative social media site Parler sent warnings about its users’ violence to the FBI more than 50 times leading up to the January 6 attacks on the Capitol.
Alex Jones may or may not being lying here:
- People are knocking on the doors of Yavapai County (crAZy) residents and asking how they voted in the last election, while falsely claiming to represent the county recorder’s office, sheriff’s office officials said.
- Putin deflects questions about treatment of dissidents, invokes BLM and Jan. 6 attack.
- Israeli military says it launched airstrike at Gaza over incendiary balloons
- It is the first violence since a cease-fire between Israel and the Palestinians last month ended 11 days of fighting.
- U.S. likely claims hottest place on Earth as heat tightens grip on more than 100 million
- Dozens of heat records have been shattered, including several all-time records. Hundreds more could fall by the weekend.
- North Carolina’s decades-old ban on abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy is unconstitutional and poses a credible threat of prosecution to abortion providers, a federal appeals court unanimously affirmed Tuesday.
- A Fort Hood soldier and a Pennsylvania National Guardsman stationed at the Central Texas installation have been charged with smuggling two men into Texas from Mexico.