With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
- Federal employees to get Friday off as Biden signs legislation making Juneteenth a national holiday.
- The House on Thursday voted to repeal the 2002 authorization for the Iraq War in what lawmakers are framing as a first step in a broader effort to claw back presidential war powers.
- The Supreme Court said Thursday that Philadelphia was wrong to end a contract to provide foster care services to a religious organization that refuses to work with same-sex couples.
- All nine justices agreed with the outcome, but Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote for a majority of six in saying Philadelphia violated the Constitution’s guarantee of free exercise of religion in ending a contract with Catholic Social Services to screen potential foster care parents.
- A COVID Outbreak At The U.S. Embassy In Kabul Has Sickened 114 People And Killed 1
- U.S. weekly jobless claims total 412,000 versus forecasts of 360,000
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- St. Louis couple who flashed guns at protesters plead guilty to misdemeanors, surrender firearms
- Frank Bonner, the veteran actor who became famous for portraying Herb Tarlek on the TV sitcom “WKRP in Cincinnati,” died Wednesday. He was 79.
- Utah teen with Down syndrome devastated to be left out of cheer team photo
Officers on Portland’s Rapid Response Team all Resign after Indictment of Member for Assault in Protests last Summer.
“The unprecedented move by officers and sergeants to disband their own team came a day after a team member, Officer Cody Budworth, was indicted, accused of fourth-degree assault stemming from a baton strike against a protester last summer.” https://t.co/ycrVvsOZ6i
— Darby Sparks (@darbysparks) June 17, 2021
Senator Cancruz Afraid of Matthew McConaughey
Ted Cruz, a big fan of Texas governor Abbot, said he hopes that Matthew McConaughey, a “good-looking, charming, affable movie star” wouldn’t run — he would be a real formidable opponent.
Madison Cawthorne (Idiot)
White House Chief of Staff on the ACA
It's still a BFD.
— Ronald Klain (@WHCOS) June 17, 2021