With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
Citing the uptick in violence since the coronavirus pandemic forced millions of Americans out of work and into their homes for extended periods, administration officials said Biden on Wednesday will announce a five-point proposal that includes:
- cracking down on gun sellers who violate federal laws, with a new zero-tolerance policy;
- giving additional support to local law enforcement to help with summer crime increases;
- investing in community violence intervention programs;
- expanding summer employment and services, particularly for teens and young adults;
- and helping formerly incarcerated individuals successfully reenter their communities.
- Asylum-seekers whose claims were dismissed or denied under a Trump administration policy that forced them to wait in Mexico for court hearings will be allowed to return for another chance at humanitarian protection, the U.S. Homeland Security Department said Tuesday in a move that could benefit tens of thousands of hopefuls.
- Supreme Court Restricts Police Powers To Enter A Home Without A Warrant
- Spread of delta coronavirus variant exposes poorly vaccinated regions to renewed danger
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
Policing in America:
- Violent encounters with police send thousands of people to the ER every year
- Mother and daughter separated under Trump in 2018 reunited at Tampa airport Sunday
- Yudissa was separated from her daughter under “zero tolerance” in 2018. When they were reunited Sunday, she didn’t recognize the 15-year-old at first.