With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
President Biden/Biden Administration:
- “The big lie is just that, A BIG LIE!” (Should have said ‘bald faced lie’ if he really wanted to get people’s attention and trigger them in the process).
- Dutch COVID-19 infections soar by 500% in a week.
- CDC: 100 People Vaccinated With J&J COVID Shot Developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Eight NFL teams above 85 percent vaccination threshold with two weeks until training camp.
- How unfortunate: California health officials on Monday issued a statewide policy for the upcoming academic year that would have barred students from school campuses if they refused to wear masks, only to backtrack on the ban hours later.
- COVID Cases In Parts Of Missouri And Arkansas Surge To Levels Not Seen Since Winter.
- Greece Vows To Suspend Health Care Workers if They Refuse COVID Vaccine.
Voter Suppression/Voting Rights:
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
- Violent, homophobic shirt draws rebuke from state, community leaders
- The discovery that a Cheyenne bar was selling a violent, homophobic T-shirt drew a strong rebuke Monday from community and state leaders.
The Former Guy- The ‘gift’ that keeps on giving:
- Speaking of The Big (bald-faced) Lie: ‘I Alone Can Fix It’ book excerpt: Inside Trump’s Election Day and the birth of the ‘big lie’
- At the end of a tumultuous day, the defiant president refused to accept the signs that he was losing the White House contest to Joe Biden. “I won in a landslide and they’re taking it back,” Trump told advisers.
- Trump said whoever ‘leaked’ info on his White House bunker stay should be ‘executed,’ new book claims
- Abortion rights groups sue to block Texas law allowing citizens to sue providers
- Unlike other states’ laws, Texas’ ban would be enforced through private citizens’ lawsuits against abortion providers, not by the state government.
- Rapper shot as many as 64 times as he walked out of Chicago jail
- Londre Sylvester, 31, was walking to a waiting vehicle when several suspects “exited two separate vehicles and all began to shoot,” police said.
- Coast Guard Warns Florida Cubans Against ‘Dangerous’ Trip Back to Island to Aid Protesters