With so many crazy things happening, sometimes things fall through the cracks. Here are some headlines that you may find interesting and worth discussing. Please feel free to post ‘headlines’ you would like to share that we may have missed.
President Biden/Biden Administration:
- Senate Democrats rolling out draft of bill to end federal marijuana ban
- The proposal calls for removing marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act. Eighteen states and Washington, D.C., have so far legalized recreational pot.
- House select committee on Jan. 6 riot to hold first hearing July 27.
- Seven Mississippi children are currently in the hospital due to COVID-19 infections, with two of the young people on life support, the state’s top health official announced Tuesday.
Voter Suppression/Voting Rights:
- As Democrats fled the state to avoid voting on a GOP priority elections bill that would restrict voting rights in the state, the Texas Senate approved the bill Tuesday with a party-line vote of 18-4.
White ISIS/MAGAts/ White Supremacists/Wing Nut Watch/GUNZ!:
How to trigger a *fullish* Wing Nut:
- Death toll rises to 210 from February cold wave in Texas
- The toll is a far cry from the initial March 15 report of 57 deaths.
- Bush calls Afghanistan withdrawal a mistake, says consequences will be ‘unbelievably bad’
- Amazon workers petition and two quit over anti-LGBTQ book sales
- The company’s latest move shows what employees say is a reversal in Amazon’s earlier policies.